REDRESS is seeking a motivated DIGITAL FUNDRAISING INTERN to join our friendly and hardworking team. This position would suit students or recent graduates in Marketing, Communications or Media, as well as individuals from other backgrounds with an interest in developing a career in the Third Sector or human rights field. The internship will be based in REDRESS’s office in London if Covid-19 movement restrictions at that time permit, or remote if not. Remote interns would need to use their personal computer. The Digital Fundraising Intern will work with our Programme Development Manager and Fundraising Assistant.
We seek to provide REDRESS interns with the experience of working in an NGO, and so each REDRESS intern is likely to work on a number of assignments at the same time. These include:
- Supporting with an individual giving and donor stewardship campaign
- Tracking engagement and user journeys
- Writing content for our email subscribers, website and social media sites
- Maintaining and updating REDRESS’s database of fundraising contacts
- Conducting analysis on audience motivation and behaviour
- Assisting with other duties that may be reasonably expected.
REDRESS is an international human rights organization that represents victims of torture to obtain justice and reparations. We bring legal cases in a range of international courts and tribunals on behalf of individual survivors, and advocate for better laws to provide effective reparations. Our cases respond to torture as an individual crime in domestic and international law, as a civil wrong with individual responsibility, and as a human rights violation with state responsibility.
Tasks will include:
- Developing a schedule of stewardship emails to our subscriber lists
- Writing targeted emails to different donor groups
- Tracking interaction and conversion rates in coordination with the Fundraising Assistant
- Conducting testing and analysis of audience motivation and behaviour
- Maintaining and updating our database of donor and potential donor contacts
- Writing content for the website and social media sites
- Targeting and testing social media engagement strategies
- Assisting with other duties that may be reasonably expected
Qualifications and experience:
- Studies or a degree in a related field, although we will consider interested candidates with other backgrounds and transferrable skills
- Experience of working with email lists, databases, or analysing and presenting data
- Strong IT skills, particularly in using Microsoft Excel
- Good writing skills and the ability to adapt style to a range of audiences
- Knowledge of social media and audience targeting tools
- Ability to prioritise, schedule and meet deadlines
- Experience with digital marketing or customer relationship management systems
- Familiarly with Google AdWords and Analytics
This internship is part-time (two to three days per week). Applicants should be able to work at REDRESS for a minimum of 10-12 weeks.
This is an unpaid volunteer position. REDRESS will cover expenses for travel and lunch up to £15 per day if working in the REDRESS office, or expenses for lunch up to £10 per day if working remotely.
Prospective candidates requiring financial support are encouraged to seek financial assistance from their academic institutions, outside fellowships and/or grants.
How to apply:
If you would like to be considered please email the following to [email protected], using “Digital Fundraising Intern Application” in the subject heading and including:
- your CV;
- a brief covering letter highlighting your key skills, indicating when you would be available to start, how many days you would be available to intern; and
- a link or attachment of a writing sample if available
The deadline for applications is Friday 26 June. Interviews will be held in the week of 5 July 2021, with a start date of Monday 12 July 2021.
Unfortunately, REDRESS cannot sponsor individuals applying for internships to help obtain visas.
Equal opportunity Policy
REDRESS is committed to ensuring impartiality and equality of opportunity. We will not discriminate unlawfully when selecting candidates for internships. REDRESS will ensure that each candidate is assessed only in accordance with the candidate’s merits, qualification and ability to perform the relevant duties.