FINANCE OFFICER (Full-Time) – London
- REDRESS is an international human rights organisation based in London and The Hague that represents victims of torture to obtain justice and reparation. We bring legal cases on behalf of individual victims of torture, and advocate for better laws to provide effective reparations. Our cases respond to torture as an individual crime in national and international law, and as a human rights violation with state responsibility. We apply our expertise in torture, reparation, and the rights of victims to national and international courts. Through our victim-centred strategic litigation we are able to have an impact beyond the individual case to address the root causes of torture and to challenge impunity. We conduct research and advocacy to identify the changes in law, policy and practice that are necessary. We work collaboratively with international and national organisations and grassroots victims’ groups.
Position Profile – Finance Officer
- Reporting to the Head of Finance, the Finance Officer will be responsible for the administration of the finances of REDRESS UK and Stichting REDRESS NL. The main tasks include:
- Day-to-day book-keeping using QuickBooks Online including all transaction processing and reconciliation of accounts;
- Responding to payment requests using cheques, BACS and international transfers as appropriate;
- Providing regular insight into unrestricted and restricted balances;
- Maintaining cashflow management controls;
- Assisting and preparing interim and final financial reports to funders;
- Supporting and monitoring overseas partner organizations by reviewing their reporting and transaction checking in multi-currencies;
- Assist the Head of Finance in preparing the statutory accounts;
The Finance Office is also expected to carry out such further duties as may reasonably be required from time to time by REDRESS.
Ideal Professional Background
- The successful candidate will need to have the following competencies:
- A minimum of three years directly relevant work experience;
- University degree in accounting or finance, or equivalent experience;
- Demonstrated proficiency in Excel and QuickBooks programmes;
- Fluency in English: additional language skills an advantage.
- Comfortable working as part of a small team and with a collaborative approach;
- Shows initiative: able to think creatively and strategically;
- Pays close attention to detail and accuracy;
- Well organised with strong project management skills: pays attention to deadlines;
- Able to understand and support the aims, objectives and values of REDRESS and reflect them in all aspects of work;
- The Finance Officer will report to the Head of Finance under the overall supervision of the Director. They are expected to work in collaboration with the Office Manager and all other members of staff.
Terms of Employment
- This is a full-time position for 35 hours a week. The position is based at the REDRESS office in London. The salary is commensurate with experience, and there is a three-month probationary period. There are generous holiday benefits, with a 10% pension contribution after successful completion of the probation.
- Closing date is Friday 27th September 2019 with first interviews taking place on 8 and 9 October 2019.
How to Apply:
Candidates will need to have the right to work in the UK.
Please send to [email protected]: A cover letter explaining your interest in REDRESS and your qualifications for the role, a Curriculum vitae, the names and contact details of two references (these will only be approached in final short-listing process).
Deadline: Friday 27th September 2019