Become a Trustee at REDRESS
The Redress Trust is recruiting new trustees to join our Board, to assist with the governance and strategic development of the charity. As REDRESS develops a new 2025 strategy and celebrates its 30th Anniversary in 2022, the Board will have a critical role during an exciting period of cautious growth.
We particularly welcome applications from individuals with expertise in the following areas, to complement the existing skills of our Board:
- Financial management experience, particularly in a charitable environment.
- Fundraising experience in the charitable sector.
- Media experience.
The Board of Trustees meets four times a year. Trustees will also be invited to join one or more committees to support the work of the Charity. There is an induction process for new trustees.
All candidates are expected to have:
- A strong commitment to human rights, and the rights of survivors of torture in particular.
- Strong communication and inter-personal skills.
- A clear understanding of the role of a trustee (further guidance will be provided).
- Ability to work well as part of a team.
- A commitment to participate and join meetings as needed.
Prior board level or management experience in either a business or charitable setting is desirable, but not essential.
Please send a letter of interest to [email protected] together with a copy of your CV. We will consider applications on a rolling basis, for trustees to join by the end of the year. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to join an interview with existing trustees and senior staff.