If you or a family member have been tortured, and you need help to obtain justice and reparations, we may be able to help you. REDRESS offers its services free of charge.
However, we are a small organisation, and we must make sure that we can continue to support our existing clients. This means that we can only accept a very small number of new cases every year. To assess your case, we will need to confirm that:
- what happened to you falls within areas of work
- there is something we can do to help, which is within our expertise
- we have the time and resources to assist you.
Please be aware that most of our cases fall under the definition of torture found under the UN Convention against Torture here.
If you want us to consider taking your case, please send an email to [email protected] marked “New Case Enquiry” providing the following:
- Your (1) full name, (2) nationality, and (3) gender
- A very brief summary of (4) who tortured/ill-treated you, (5) when it happened, and (6) the nature of the treatment you suffered.
If you cannot email us, call us on +44 (0) 20 77931777 and leave your name and contact number and we will get back to you.
If we are unable to take on your case ourselves, we will do our best to provide practical advice and/or suggest other alternatives.