Online discussion: the State of UK Citizenship
Join REDRESS and Good Law Project at 6pm on Wednesday 9 March for an online discussion on the current fragile state of UK citizenship. Our panel will discuss the hollowing out of the rights accorded to UK citizenship, how the Nationality and Borders Bill could affect that, the protection of UK citizens from torture abroad, and how civil society and the legal profession should respond.
The exciting panel for this will be:
- Jo Maugham, Good Law Project’s Director and our moderator for the evening
- Richard Ratcliffe, campaigner and husband of Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe
- Yasmine Ahmed, UK Director of Human Rights Watch
- Ayesha Christie, a leading lawyer in the field of immigration and asylum law
- Rupert Skilbeck, Director of REDRESS