REDRESS Nederland SEEKS PART-TIME FINANCE /ADMIN ASSISTANT
(Part-Time position: 1 Day per week)
Founded in 1992 and registered in the UK and The Netherlands, REDRESS is a small, specialised and
widely respected human rights organisation that works internationally to obtain justice for survivors of
torture and end impunity for governments and the individuals who perpetrate it, and to develop and
ensure compliance with international standards. The organisation provides specialised legal assistance to
individuals and communities in securing their rights, conducts advocacy with governments, parliaments,
international organisations and the media and works in partnership with like-minded organisations around
the world. More information on REDRESS’ work can be found on its website: www.redress.org.
FINANCE /ADMIN ASSISTANT
Key tasks will include:
1. Day to day bookkeeping using QuickBooks Pro including all transaction processing and
reconciliation of accounts;
2. Responding to payment requests using cheques, BACS and international transfers as
3. Assisting and preparing interim and final financial reports to funders;
4. Supporting and monitoring overseas partner organizations by reviewing their reporting and
5. Assist the Head of Finance in preparing the statutory accounts;
6. Organising travel arrangements for the Legal Team;
7. Dealing with post, office supplies and equipment for REDRESS Nederland;
8. Liaising with Dutch financial, administrative and other regulatory bodies;
Monitoring the REDRESS Nederland email account.
9. The Finance/Admin Assistant may also be required to carry out other duties that may reasonably be
IDEAL PROFESSIONAL COMPETENCIES
1. At least two years directly relevant work experience;
2. University degree in accounting or finance;
3. Demonstrated proficiency in Excel and QuickBooks programmes;
4. Fluency in English and Dutch: additional language skills an advantage.
1. Comfortable working as part of a small team and with a collaborative approach;
2. Shows initiative: able to think creatively and strategically;
3. Pays close attention to detail and accuracy;
4. Well organised with strong project management skills: pays attention to deadlines;
5. Able to understand and support the aims, objectives and values of REDRESS and reflect them in
all aspects of work;
The Finance/Admin Assistant will report to the Head of REDRESS Nederland and to other persons within
the overall REDRESS structure and in particular, the Head of Finance of REDRESS and the office
manager of REDRESS. He/She will be expected to work in collaboration with all other members of staff.
1. This is a permanent position one day a week, which could increase subject to funding.
2. Salary commensurate with experience, with a three-month probationary term.
3. Working hours to be agreed on appointment.
The position is based at the REDRESS Nederland office in The Hague.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your application to [email protected] Please indicate ‘Finance/Admin Assistant’ and your
name in the subject heading. Please provide: Cover letter expressing interest; Curriculum vitae; the
names and contact details of 2 references (these will only be approached in final short-listing process).
Deadline: Applications will be considered as they come in; please apply ASAP
Candidates should be able to demonstrate that they have the right to work in The Netherlands.