REDRESS is seeking an administrative volunteer to join our friendly and hardworking team.
Founded in 1992, REDRESS is a small, specialised and widely respected human rights charity that works internationally to combat torture by seeking justice and reparation for torture survivors. It also works to ensure that torturers are punished and that governments uphold the absolute prohibition on torture. Our work currently covers torture and related crimes in more than 40 countries around the world, with over 100 active cases relating to more than 1200 survivors before national and international courts.
This position would suit someone who would like to gain experience working in an NGO or in the human rights field.
The successful candidate will need to be available to work 2 days a week for 3 months at our London office (87 Vauxhall Walk, SE11 5HJ). REDRESS can provide up to £15 per day towards travel and lunch expenses.
Tasks will include:
- Helping to update our websites
- Cataloguing the office publication and setting up the library
- Helping to disseminate REDRESS publications
- Researching travel and accommodation options for conferences and meetings
- Help with Financial reconciliation
- Providing general administrative support as required
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Confidence using Excel and Microsoft Publisher
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to organise tasks
- A genuine interest in human rights and the principles of REDRESS’ work.
- Enthusiasm and commitment
Please send a CV and cover letter to [email protected]. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.